Soulreavers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My AK tips

4 posters

Go down

My AK tips Empty My AK tips

Post  Bearer Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:29 am

I've decided to leave my tips for AKs all in this post, before I leave.
Hopefully it helps out other AKs in the guild.
Do note that any info in this guide after level 80 skills come in are mostly info and what I've seen in youtube.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mastery Branch
AKs have swords, maces, axes and dual wielding as a weapon choice.
Pros and cons of each:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swords
Has good defenses from Sword Defense, which gives obscene amounts of block rate (80% extra).
Faedol Launch causes a debuff which reduces enemy MAX HP. More useful than it sounds, as most bleed-type damage is easily healed off by pot-spamming, while this can't until the debuff's over. Once it's over, the MAX HP it takes off is not recovered. Knockback is also highly dependant on total amount of Shield and Health, so it increases your chances to knock back even the toughest of opponents. Being a single very strong hit is also good for knockback.
Air Smashing is *THE* most damaging level 80 skill of the 3 weapon choices.

Problem is, damage is almost always an issue until Air Smashing comes in the picture.
Other weapon choices have a spammable attack instead of Sword Defense at levels before 80, which gives them an offensive edge.
Sharpen Blade is absolute crap.
Other weapons need more Str and less Dex, so the damage using generic skills are lower.

Personal opinion :Best used together with shields. Defensive bonuses stack, Faedol Launch stacks with Blind Jab bleeding damage. Complements each other perfectly.
Also not too bad as a 2 hander weapon as Air Smashing makes the most use of the 2 handed weapon's higher damage, along with Genocide. Defense is always a welcome stat.

Maces
Extra 1 AOE compared with other weapon types. Best of the AK weapon choices for PvE. Said AOE is VERY painful, second only to Spout Anger and Genocide as far as AOE skills are concerned.
ALSO gets an extra stun skill. Stun's always useful whether in PvE or PvP, and it has a SIX second cooldown, which is slightly abusable.
Armor Breaker rocks as all hell in PvP. Reduces enemy defenses, which basically means lower shield, and MUCH easier knockback rates. 5 second duration, 5 second cooldown. EXTREMELY abusable.

Solar Evil, the AOE, however, is gained at 80. LAAATE into the game.
Damage from Heavy Blow is WEAKEST of all 4 level 51 skills for the AK. Stun ain't guaranteed either.
Mace Bash nearly sucks as much as Sharpen Blade.

Personal opinion : Suits 2 handed weapons like none other. With 7 AOEs at your disposal, mob crowds can go down REALLY fast. Stun from BOTH Heavy Blow and Berserk give you about 9 seconds of stunned fresh meat, provided the stuns from Heavy Blow all connect.
Genocide and Armor Breaker STACKS, expect your opponent to get knocked back often, even if they're Bagis.(Max heal Segs...maybe?)
Doesn't do too badly with shields, but doesn't too well with it as well. Only thing is that they can keep up a stun game if Heavy Blow and Shield Shove is abused properly.

Axes
Highest Str requirement of all weapon types, lowest Dex. This ensures maximum damage from any generic skills an AK has.
Bleed Slash is a pretty good level 7 skill as it hits twice, but best kept at level 1 in my opinion.
Achilles' Tendon pretty much handles kiters like nothing else, and when maxed deals more damage than Jumping Crash. Which is just crazy at 58. It even deals more damage than Level 3 Faedol Launch(at that level) and Level 3 Wrist Chop(at that level as well) by a big margin.
Wrist Chop slows attack speed, for a duration LONGER than it's cooldown at higher levels. Good for PvE since all mobs ever do is attack. Basically keeps em slowed down all the time.

Despite Achilles' Tendon's awesome damage in the earlier levels, Wrist Chop loses to Faedol Launch in damage, and an attack speed debuff isn't very good in PvP since the only things people use are skills. At least stunning them makes them grounded.
Same goes for Sonic Massacre as well. Deals a LITTLE more than Solar Evil, but doesn't have the AOE, and flat out loses to Air Smashing in terms of damage.

Personal opinion : Does okay with 2 handed weapons or Shields. Very anti-kiters no matter what you choose.
Shines it's best when used as dual wields though. Offsets the naturally low dual wield damage, and doesn't need much Dex to further increase the damage. If you're going duals, axes are the best weapons 2Moons can offer(although I personally feel 2 swords are much cooler. RIGHT CLUNX?)

Dual Wield
Cross Piercing damage is nothing short of awesome when you get it, as is Cyclone Slash. Deals damage crazily.
Energetic Blade is probably tied with Faedol Launch on best level 51 skill, as the damage it deals is downright ridiculous. Being ranged is always good, and is PERFECT as a first strike.
Igen Dash is EXTREMELY cool, and it's last hit is AOE. Is ranged as well, and is perfect as a follow-up to Energetic Blade.
Highest damage potential from normal hits if both weapons are pimped nicely.

Has NO skills till level 16. And even then, that's just a passive.
Low base damage if comparing with 1 handers or 2 handers.
Igen Dash, while more damaging than Air Smashing, has a much longer animation because the last hit makes the AK throw both weapons in the air, catches em, then crashes on target. Air Smashing is faster and nearly as strong. Igen Dash, however, is ranged. Draw for me.

Personal opinion : Only has 1 choice for the Support branch basically, which is Duals.
Has a little more crit rate than other builds which is nothing impressive.
However....Spout Anger. Fast. Strong. Nasty bleeding damage. AOE. It's half of the things you've ever wanted. Pity it's a ground based AOE, so it misses like crazy if your opponent runs away.
Duals have NO form of slows, stuns, nor defensive bonuses. They are meant to attack and not get hit.

Duals however have 2 missing skills, which I will now give the rough workings of them.
The level 29 skill does 3 hits, where only the last hit is AOE. Low-mediocre damage.
The level 51 skill does 4 hits around the AK, which is a ground-based AOE. Mediocre-high damage. Has a long animation though, cause it spins both weapons around the user and the user himself ALSO spins. Basically mini-Soul Knight.

Shields get their 91 skill.
From what I've heard, it does 3 MASSIVE AOE damage, then increases the AK's block rate crazily afterwards. Downside is it's large cooldown.
This is the only skill that I have unconfirmed info of, as the effect was told to me by someone else.

All AKs get a new Passive.
Level 103, if I'm not mistaken. 3 hits MASSIVE AOE damage as well.
AK flies, swerves down twice on the target, then for the last hit crashes into the target, creating a giant "crater" similar to Jumping Crash.
Yeah, Jumping Crash on steroids. Times 3.

Passive Branch
Won't go into much detail of the passives, as they are just that. Passives. If you need me to explain the uselessness of Power Strike, you'd better go recreate your AK. XD

Jumping Crash : Good skill. Definitely max it as it is your main AOE from early to mid-late game. Single big damage hits means it can knockback quite often. Has a quick 8 second cooldown for good AOE-ing. Downside is it's cancel-able when the AK is jumping.
Strengthen Health : Saves your pot money like none other. Some people prefer to leave it at 1 due to longer cooldown and higher MP cost as it levels up. Hybrids just don't have enough points to put into this.
Whirlwind : Is fast ground-based AOE around the AK, which gains a third hit at level 6. Either leave it at 1, or level it to 6. The damage increment from 6 to 10 isn't very impressive, in my opinion. Quite a long cooldown though, and it misses badly in PvP if anyone runs. 1 point is all hybrids can afford to put into this skill.
Wind Rush : Pretty much a PvP skill. Also useful if you wanna win races. Stun is actually a -100% movespeed debuff, where movespeed buffs CAN negate the effects slightly. Useful to also catch up to ranged characters. Or run from melee ones.
Insensibility : Much more built for PvP than Wind Rush. Lowers chances of getting knocked back, but lowers your attack speed. Attack speed debuff isn't very noticable in PvP since you'll be spamming skills, and not getting knocked back from skills that you should have can result in a merciless and brutal retaliation.
Attack Acceleration : Increases damage, attack speed and crit rate by a large amount for 25 seconds with a 40 seconds cooldown? EXTREME WIN. No AK should EVER be without this skill. This is practically the sole reason the AKs are renowned for their massive damage.
Soul Knight : EXTREMELY EXTREMELY SEXY. 4 hits large good ground-based AOE damage in a really large area. In PvP, I advise this to only be used right after a stun. Most people will know how to run from an AK after the first 2 hits. Rocks as all hell in PvE due to general mob ownage and low cooldown. MP cost isn't that bad when you look at the damage.

Support Branch
This is what the AKs can choose as a sub-weapon type to their main weapons.
There are 3 Support branches to choose from : Shield, Dual, and 2 handers.
I am a S/S, 2hand sword hybrid myself.

Shields
Shield Mastery : Adds 10 points of defense per level into this skill. Maxed at level 3. Good for any shielders.
Shield Shove : Deals a mid-damage single hit with a high chance of stun. Stun lasts 3 seconds at higher levels and cooldown is crazy fast. Abusable against mobs and kiters.
Blind Jab : Deals 2 hits of HIGH damage, increases defense by 80% for 4 seconds after, does bleeding damage for 6 seconds after, AND has a 6 second cooldown. THIS is nearly the sole reason the shielders are considered so tanky. INSANELY CRAZY DEFENSE BUFF AND DAMAGE.

Overview : As I've said before, suits swords best. It's otherwise good as an anti-kiter no matter what weapon you choose.
Shield types have crazy survivability, because Blind Jab gives an obscene 80% defense bonus after using it.
I use it mainly for the big fellas over in Crespo to reduce their damage to 2 digits.
Has a hard time killing lots of mobs due to lack of aoe and their damage is abit on the low side til Blind Jab comes in the picture.

Duals
Dual Advance : Increases crit rate by 1% per level, maxed at level 5.
Spout Anger : Deals 7 hits of ground-based AOE around user, damage is insanely high and causes VERY high bleeding damage afterwards. Is a godsend in PvE or stunned targets. Receiving the sheer amount of punishment this does WILL cripple the enemy.

Overview : Missing 2 skills, so it's currently a bad Support tree. Spout Anger WOULD have made up for this if it wasn't level 91 and the fact that it can miss considerably if your opponent knows when to expect it.......
Survivability? REALLY REALLY BAD. Duals are not built to take hits. They have no form of defensive buff or passive whatsoever. Sharing same AOEs with the shields until Igen Dash comes in(still, that's like 80) makes em quite bad for mobbing as well. Picks off single targets really quickly though at later levels.

2 handers
Two Handed Mastery : Despite what it's description writes, this skill increases defense by 15 per level, and is maxed at level 5. Does jack for damage.
Triple Attack : Surprisingly good. It does 3 hits of low damage, but it's 3 AOE hits. It's probably better than Jumping Crash as an AOE for pure damage unless the latter crits, and is probably the best AOE in terms of damage till Whirlwind gets to level 6. I'd leave it at 1 though for maximum skill point efficiency. 6.5 second cooldown is downright crazy for an AOE.
Berserk : Charges for a second, then rises in a twist motion and then slams the weapon after twisting a little in the air. Quite a cool skill. Damage is high for a 2 hit AOE, and provides a guaranteed 3 second stun. Also increases current damage by 54 AND 2% as well, so abuse that together with Attack Acceleration for serious mutilation. Has a long cooldown as a downside though. Razz
Genocide : 3 BIG HUGE MASSIVE CRAZY amounts of AOE damage, reduces enemy defenses by a certain number AND percentage. First 2 hits are ground-based AOE, last hit is target-based AOE and also causes the debuff. This skill is literally the highest damage 2Moons can offer, easily offering damage in the 5 digits at high levels.

Overview : This is the only Support branch that is complete, so it DOES seem a little strong. Berserk, Genocide are CRAZY, and good defenses as well.
2 handers have AOE, AOE, AOE. Crowd control with some defense as a side bonus.
Slowish attacks and skills though. Also has highest damage potential in the game currently.
Big downside to these is the speed. Most of the 2 handed skills are slowish, which CAN result in getting canceled easily. Takes much longer to kill a single mob than the other 2, but kills big groups faster.

Personal tip : Adding this cause I mainly use 2 handers so I know most about them.
I use this AOE combo for mobbing, and have aptly named it Bear/Soon Combo. XDDDDD
Soul Knight -> Jumping Crash -> Triple Attack -> Berserk -> Whirlwind -> Jumping Crash -> Triple Attack -> Soul Knight.
If you're wondering how the skill chain is possible, do remember that the certain few skills have VERY low cooldowns. Berserk follows up nicely to Triple Attack as Triple Attack is slowish, so that you don't get attacked during the charge time(only if Triple Attack knocks the mobs back though. Same applies to PvP)

K, that's it.
From my holiday resort, I wish all of you a
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Last edited by on Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:10 pm; edited 7 times in total
Bearer
Bearer

Back to top Go down

My AK tips Empty GREAT WRIT!!!

Post  HorizonSon Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:14 am

Makes me want to level-up an AK or two!!! Very Happy

HorizonSon

Back to top Go down

My AK tips Empty Re: My AK tips

Post  Corky Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:52 am

Nice summary! but, then a bit wrong on air smashing. It does the same damage as igen dash at lvl 1, but at lvl 10, igen dash does about 200 damage more Cool also, duals have no skills until lvl 15 not 16. jumping crash is 15.

Thanks for the info on the new skills, i really didnt know what they were. I call that last passive skill below soul knight, Jumping Knight's Soul Crash Very Happy well atleast until we find out its name.

Corky

Back to top Go down

Post  Bearer Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:50 am

I compared Air Smashing with the other 2 weapon types in my post.

Dual Wield is sort of a special section for itself because it's different from the rest of the other weapon choices.
And completely forgot about Jumping Crash. DOHHHHH! XD

Also lengthened the guide a little.
Bearer
Bearer

Back to top Go down

My AK tips Empty aw...SHIT! DAMMIT!

Post  Alnaphar Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:02 pm

oh crap i got so much to learn from u,lol. great summary,wish you a merry christmas too.
PS:the part about the sexiness of soul knight was really funny! Smile
Alnaphar
Alnaphar
Admin

https://soulreaversguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down